Wednesday, April 8, 2009


Singapore is in the middle of its worst-ever food-poisoning outbreak, which claimed a second life yesterday. It is very tragic, and all happened very quickly last weekend. Hundreds have been affected, and one woman also suffered a miscarriage as a consequence of eating at this particular stall.
The papers are now full of the pitfalls of hawker meals (local food stalls), especially hygiene standards in general and the risks of leaving food in the open. The market in question also has a huge issue with RATS! Scary stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment